PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When using the Site, in order to utilize some of the services, you may be asked to provide, or you may choose to upload, certain personally identifiable information about yourself (“Personal Information”). Personal Information can include your name, birth date, gender, email address, physical address and telephone number or other information. You may provide us certain Personal Information in connection with your use of the Site, such as when you post a photograph, enter or respond to a contest, survey, sweepstakes or other promotional features. For example:
- Communicate with Us: When you communicate with us or our Service Providers by e-mail or through the Site, you may provide us certain Personal Information.
- Survey or Sweepstakes: If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain Personal Information as part of your response or entry.
In addition, even if you do not explicitly provide us or our Service Providers (defined below) with information, we may collect certain information automatically when you interact with the Site. For example:
- Usage Date: When you use the Site, we and our Service Providers may keep an activity log that tracks usage data and information about all visitors to the Site.
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing the Site by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Site, browser type and operating system, device information, device event information, and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Site. We and our Service Providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and determining your approximate geographic location.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate any information collected in a manner which does not identify any individual (“Aggregate Information”).
- To contact you about our products and services or those of our partners or other third parties from time to time.
- To communicate with you in response to your inquiries.
- To help us improve, operate, test, and enhance your experience on the Site.
- To notify you about important functionality changes to the Site,
- To tailor advertisements, content, and other aspects of your experience on and in connection with the Site.
- To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you (including, without limitation, by our Service Providers or business partners that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising to those whose email addresses we have collected).
- For administrative purposes.
- To prevent or detect abuses of our Terms and Conditions.
- To enable our Service Providers to carry out technical or other functions on our behalf as well as any other purpose that we may disclose to you at the point at which we request your Personal Information.
- To develop and test new products and features as well as diagnose and fix technology problems in connection with current products and features.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties or mass marketers. For example, we will not sell another company your name or email address. Unless you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information, only we and our affiliates, our agents, our technical consultants, third party auditors and other Service Providers who make our Site available, enhance its functionality, or provide associated services and/or who deal with you in delivering content, samples, products, gifts and prizes, have access to this information. These Service Providers are authorized to use Personally Information only as needed to perform their functions on our behalf.
Please note that SFC reserves the right to and may disclose Personal Information about you in response to (a) requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; (b) any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena; (c) if required by law; or (d) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
Please also note that we do reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information and other information to our successors in business and purchasers of Site assets. We may change ownership or corporate organization while providing the Site. As a result, we may transfer your information to another company or entity that is affiliated with us, with which we have merged, or which has acquired all or some of our assets.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use non-personally identifiable information and Aggregate Information, whether or not in combination with Personal Information:
- To help us determine how people use the Site and to improve the Site’s performance and usefulness.
- To administer, operate, and improve the Site and other services and systems.
- To improve the effectiveness of advertising on our Site, and to provide advertisements and other content that is tailored to you.
PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
This Site is not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age do not use this Site, and under no circumstances should you send information about yourself to us. If we become aware that Personal Information from a child under the age 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to immediately delete such information from the Site, or otherwise take corrective action as required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe we might have collected children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us by sending a letter to the following address: 1105 Industrial Ave., Petaluma, CA 94952, or via our Contact Form.
Parents may want to consider commercially available parental control protections to limit what minors can access online and/or monitor their minor children’s online activities. Examples include: www.netnanny.com; www.webwatcher.com and www.sentrypc.com. We do not endorse these or other services and are not responsible for them.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please send a letter to the following address: 1105 Industrial Ave., Petaluma, CA 94952, or via our Contact Form. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address provided in response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE SFC AND EACH OF THE OTHER COMPANY PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) FROM ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, RELATING TO THE DATA COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANONYMOUS INFORMATION BY ANY SERVICE PROVIDER OR LINKED SITE. YOU AGREE, UNDERSTAND AND INTEND THAT THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE IS BINDING UPON YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AGENTS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS IN PERPETUITY.
SFC will not be liable for disclosures of your Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized Internet access to visitor data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their personal information may be intercepted in transit.
CHOICES REGARDING COLLECTION, USE, AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION
We or our vendors may send you emails or other promotions our vendors or we offer that we believe may be of special interest to you. Only SFC (or our agents who are required to comply with these policies) will send you these materials. If you do not wish to receive these materials, you may unsubscribe using the link provided with each of the emails. You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial e-mail messages from us or request that your Personal Information be removed from our Site. You may also request to opt-out or unsubscribe via our Contact Form and we will process your request within a reasonable amount of time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your Personal Information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
In addition, we may place advertising on the Site that originates from outside advertisers or other third parties. In some cases, if you click on these advertisements, a cookie may be sent to your computer. We do not control these cookies.
To opt out of Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page found at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Site, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Site or our content. We expect our Service Providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
On your mobile device, you may also choose to enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Site, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
For more information about analytics and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page found at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 , the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page found at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, or EDAA’s Your Online Choices page found at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH SFC
By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us, provided that, we will not give your email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you.
SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of this Site is governed by, and subject to, the legal notices contained on our Terms & Conditions page. Your use, or access, of the Site constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE.
Straus Family Creamery
1105 Industrial Avenue
Petaluma, CA 94952